Nerve pain can be so excruciating that it destabilizes your wellness. Fortunately, some exercises and stretches can relieve this discomfort. Is this your current state?
9 Stretches to Help Reduce Nerve Pain
1. Sitting spinal stretch
Spinal compression might be why you are experiencing nerve pain; the sitting spinal stretch exercise can mitigate this pain.
- Sit on the floor and stretch your legs forward
- Bend your left knee and cross your right foot toward the outer side.
- Stretch your right elbow toward your left knee and gently twist your body to the right.
- Hold in that position for about 30 seconds three times, then repeat for the opposite side.
2. Basic seated stretch
With this exercise:
- Sit down on a chair and cross your painful leg over the other knee.
- Keep your spine straight and lean forward with your chest and remain in this position for 30 seconds or more, then repeat the moves alternatively.
3. Glute bridge
You can do this stretch exercise by:
- Rest on your back and bend your knees to point upwards with your feet flat on the ground.
- Your hands should rest flat on the ground, and your knees should be a shoulder apart.
- Stay in that position for as long as you can, then lower your hips to the floor.
- Do the same repeatedly
4. Sitting trunk stretch
Stretch your trunk by:
- Sit on the floor and stretch your legs and flex your feet upward.
- Bend and lift the left knee across the right knee.
- Stretch your left elbow backward and gently pull your right hand toward the left knee.
- Twist your body toward the opposite side repeatedly and switch to the opposite side.
5. Knee to the opposite shoulder
This stretch eases nerve pain through inflamed muscles.
- Lie on your back and flex your legs upwards
- Bend your left leg and clasp your hands towards the knee.
- Pull your left leg across your upper body toward the right shoulder and keep in that position for 30 seconds, then lower it and repeat the same with the other leg. Do it gently and make sure you are comfortable.
6. Chin tuck
With this stretch, you ease pain in the muscles as you strengthen your posture.
- Put two fingers on either side of the chin
- Move the fingers toward the neck for about five seconds, then release it.
7. Trapezius stretch
If you want to relieve pain in a compressed nerve:
- Cross the right hand under your right thigh
- Use your left hand to tilt your head to the left side for about 30 seconds.
8. Head turns
Try head turns at a slow pace to relieve nerve pains:
- Face ahead by straightening your neck and head.
- Twist your head to either side and hold the position for ten seconds.
- Do the same for the opposite side.
If you suffer from nerve pains from sitting or standing for extended periods, piriformis stretches could be a remedy.
- Lie on a flat surface
- Wrap your hands on one knee and pull it towards your head repeatedly.
- Grab the ankle, slide to the other knee, hold that position for ten seconds, and then switch to the opposite side.
Find a Remedy Today!
Are you suffering from chronic nerve pain and are looking for remedies? Fill out the form below to contact our team for remedies.